|April 15, 2021
|From 2:00 pm
|To 3:00 pm
ReVeAL Partner POLIS is launching a new project, SURF – Sustainable URban Freight, that will guide city planners, business leaders and other freight decision-makers to develop a vision and strategy pathway for sustainable urban freight.
The project is a collaboration with Environmental Defense Fund Europe (EDF Europe), one of the world’s leading nonprofit organizations that is working to turn environmental solutions into action.
Taking place between April and December 2021, the project will particularly focus on the design and implementation of Zero-Emission Zones for freight (ZEZ-Fs), which can dramatically reduce carbon emissions and contribute to healthier cities.
The launch event will take place on 15 April from 14:00 to 15:00 CET.
– Jill Duggan, Executive Director, EDF Europe
– Ivo Cré, Director Policy & Projects, POLIS
Introduction to the SURF project
– Presentation of the e-course and other Capacity Building activities
– Instant projects: launch of call for proposals
The city perspective: local authorities presenting their plans and actions
– Lola Ortiz Sánchez, City of Madrid
– Sjouke van der Vlugt, City of Groningen